Friday May 17, 2013
• Rachel’s Vineyard weekend retreat, for post-abortion healing, Friday through Sunday, June 21-23. In a confidential and supportive atmosphere, the retreat will demonstrate God’s love, forgiveness and compassion. The retreat is sponsored by Catholic Charities and the Diocese of Pittsburgh. To register, call Toni Jester at 412-352-5348.
Friday May 17, 2013
SUNDAY, MAY 19
White elephant pre-sale, 1-3 p.m., St. Elizabeth Parish, 1 Grove Place, Pleasant Hills.
Rosary march, 3 p.m., St. Anthony Congregation Center, Fourth Street and Erie Avenue, West Aliquippa. Led by Father Paul Householder. Reception will follow march. For information, call 724-375-7676.
TUESDAY, MAY 21
Eucharistic adoration, 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m., followed by prayer service and Benediction, St. Malachy Parish, 343 Forest Grove Road, Kennedy Township.
Lunch and card party, 3 p.m., St. Mary Parish, 444 Glenfield Road, Aleppo Township. Sponsored by Ladies Guild. Cost is $10. For reservations, call 412-741-6460 or 412-741-6044.
Marian/Medjugorje Mass and service, 7 p.m., St. Paul of the Cross Retreat Center, 148 Monastery Ave., South Side. Includes adoration and rosary.
THURSDAY, MAY 23
Flea market, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Divine Redeemer motherhouse, 999 Rock Run Road, Elizabeth. Also, Friday and Saturday, May 24-25. For information, call 412-751-8600.
SUNDAY, MAY 26
Memorial prayer service, 3 p.m., Holy Savior Cemetery, 4629 Bakerstown Road, Richland Township. Sponsored by Catholic Cemeteries Association.
Friday May 17, 2013
INFORMATION ON ADOPTION
Cheryl Parkhill from Gladney Adoption Center will speak on adoption following the 7 p.m. Mass and novena to St. Anthony at St. Michael Church of North American Martyrs Parish in Pitcairn on Tuesday, May 21. Parkhill will introduce a young woman who gave her child up for adoption. The Mass and talk are open to the public.
Holy Family International College Preparatory Program will hold an open house starting at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 23, at St. Sylvester Parish in Brentwood. The program will cover requirements for serving as a host to an international student, and how hosting an international student for a school year would assist in covering the cost of a student’s tuition at a local Catholic high school. To register and for more information, call Lynn Guerra at 412-766-9020, ext. 304.
JOB SEARCH PROGRAM
,b>St. Joseph Parish in O’Hara Township will host a faith-based program titled “Joseph’s People,” which provides tools and resources for an effective job search for the unemployed or underemployed. The first workshop will be held from 7:45-9 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22. Topics include networking, resumes, successful interview techniques, computer skills and more. All participants will receive a copy of the document “The Journey,” which offers assistance to motivate and guide people in their job search. The program is free and open to the public. To register, contact volunteer program coordinator Jack Shaw at 412-508-5383.
Bishop David Zubik will celebrate a Mass on Sunday, June 2, at 3 p.m., at ,St. James Parish in Sewickley in conjunction with the parish’s 150th anniversary and the 100th anniversary of the school. A banquet will follow at Allegheny Country Club in Sewickley Heights. The cost of the banquet is $60. To register, call 412-741-6650 by May 24. For more information, visit www.saintjames-church.com.
The Catholic War Veterans will sponsor a Memorial Day service at Christ Our Redeemer Cemetery on Pittsburgh’s North Side at 11 a.m. Monday, May 27. The service will be held at the soldiers’ plot near the administration building.
Author and lecturer Mike Aquilina will present “Getting to Know Angels” on Sunday, May 26, at St. Augustine Auditorium of Our Lady of the Angels Parish, 218 37th St. in Pittsburgh’s Lawrenceville neighborhood. Sponsored by the Holy Name Society, the lecture is free and open to the public.
The Catholic Cemeteries Association will hold services for Memorial Day at the following cemeteries. For more information or to confirm time, please call the cemetery. Listed below are the service dates, time, and location and information telephone number.
• Monday, May 27, noon, All Saints Cemetery, 1560 Brinton Road, Braddock Hills, 412-271-5950.
• Monday, May 27, 11 a.m., Calvary Cemetery, 718 Hazelwood Ave., Pittsburgh’s Hazelwood neighborhood, 412-421-9959.
• Monday, May 27, 11 a.m., Christ Our Redeemer Cemetery, 204 Cemetery Lane, Pittsburgh’s North Side, 412-931-2206.
• Monday, May 27, 8:40 a.m., Holy Souls Cemetery, 4772 Campbells Run Road, Robinson Township, 412-249-8723.
• Monday, May 27, noon, St. Joseph Cemetery, 1443 Lincoln Highway, North Versailles, 412-823-9111.
• Sunday, May 26, noon, St. Mary Cemetery, Penn Avenue and 45th Street, Pittsburgh’s Lawrenceville neighborhood, 412-421-9959.
• Monday, May 27, 9:30 a.m., Mount Carmel Cemetery, 7601 Mount Carmel Road, Verona, 412-241-1260.,p> • Monday, May 27, 11:30 a.m., Queen of Heaven Cemetery, 2900 Washington Road, Peters Township, 724-941-7601.
• Sunday, May 26, 11:20 a.m.. and Monday, May 27, 9:30 a.m., Resurrection Cemetery, 100 Resurrection Road, Moon Township, 724-695-2999.
• Monday, May 27, 1 p.m., Sacred Heart Cemetery, 97 Sacred Heart Road, Monongahela, 724-258-2885.
• Sunday, May 26, call for time, St. Stanislaus/St. Anthony Cemetery, 700 Soose Road, Millvale, 412-821-4324.
INTO THE WILD
The Catholic Men’s Fellowship of Pittsburgh, along with the King’s Men, will sponsor an outdoor retreat for men titled “Into the Wild” from Thursday through Sunday, June 6-9, at Raccoon Creek State Park. The retreat combines faith with outdoor activities such as fishing, cooking, archery, building and more. No outdoor skills or experience are required. Bishop David Zubik will visit for a fireside talk to answer questions. Fathers Mike Zavage and Joe Freedy will also be ministering for the retreat. For more information, visit www.IntoTheWildWeekend.com, or call Dave DiNuzzo at 412-475-8783 or Jim Zern at 412-818-3226. Mention this announcement and receive $35 off the registration fee. Financial aid is available.